RECEPTION AND NURSERY
A good quality education is the entitlement of every child. We provide a well-planned and resourced curriculum to encourage children to develop into independent and motivated learners and thinkers. We help children to learn through play and develop vital social and communication skills. We want each child to have a love of books and the confidence to begin to read and write. We develop children’s early mathematical skills and encourage them to have a fascination about the world around them. We want children to be healthy and happy and able to express themselves through the arts.
This curriculum continues in Year 1 for the autumn term, until all the children complete it.
You can see slides from a parent workshop on Early Years reading below.
New to Nursery Parent Workshop
New to Reception Parent Workshop
NURSERY TOPIC MAPS
RECEPTION TOPIC MAPS
TOPIC LETTERS TO PARENTS
2023 - 2024
Previous Topic Letters from last year can be viewed below to get an idea of the curriculum.
- Nursery Autumn 1 2022 Red Rockets and Rainbow Jelly (0.48 MB)
- Nursery Autumn 2 2022 Three (0.26 MB)
- Nursery Spring 1 2023 Once Upon A Time (0.71 MB)
- Nursery Spring 2 2023 Pitter Pattern (0.45 MB)
- Nursery Summer 1 2023 Ee igh ee igh oh (0.49 MB)
- Nursery Summer 2 2023 Splish Splash (1.54 MB)
- Reception Autumn 1 2022 Are We Nearly There Yet (1.10 MB)
- Reception Autumn 2 2022 Boxes (0.75 MB)
- Reception Spring 1 2023 Food Glorious Food (0.18 MB)
- Reception Spring 2 2023 We are Not Scared (0.54 MB)
- Reception Summer 1 2023 How Does Your Garden Grow (0.47 MB)
- Reception Summer 2 2023 You are Off to Great Places (1.37 MB)